Principal / Lead Engineer (50% hands-on) – (Ref:8105)
- Job Title
- Principal / Lead Engineer (50% hands-on)
- £80,000 - 100,000
- Work From Home
- Java 8
- Akka and Play
- Angular and React
- CI / CD
- Prior Java/Scala development background
- Strong architectural design skills
- Experience championing agile and best practices
- CI/CD and Microservices
- People-management skills
- Stakeholder management skills
• Revolutionise the way that they deliver technology to their mass audience
• Re-architecting their systems to deliver new projects
• Streamlining and automating their practices by working closely with our inhouse domain experts to reduce friction and increase efficiency
• Building proof of concepts and validating new technologies, often being the spearhead in new areas
• Ensuring appropriate trade offs between delivery and technical strategy are made and communicate this to stakeholders and engineers.
• Championing agile and best practices to multiple, cross functional teams
• Mentor and line manage engineers to ensure they develop their skills and are productive team members
They are global name in the media domain and are in the top 3 for total ad spend across all media in the UK, competing with Google and Facebook.
Their cross functional teams are encouraged to be autonomous and self-organising whilst following agile principles, working in a cloud first environment .
They promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
They endorse the use of hack days as an important part of learning and innovation within our Content Technology teams. We use Google Apps and each developer gets a MacBook Pro.
They are also huge advocates for a healthy Work/life balance.
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02036673138.