Java Developer – Mid – (Ref: 2718)
- Job Title
- Java Developer
- Work From Home
- Java 8
- Opsworks (Chef)
- NetflixOSS: Eureka / Zuul / Ribbon
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud
- CI / CD
- Strong Java 8 skills
- Interest in Reactive programming
- CI or CD exposure
- Interest in DevOps
- Multithreading or concurrency
• Building new features and new products
• Developing their core API which is built on a microservices architecture using Spring Boot (Netflix OSS), running on 40+ micro servers on AWS. It handles more than 15million+ requests per day with a 100% uptime and manages data stores with more than a billion data points.
• Migrating the development infrastructure to Kubernetes and Docker to reduce coupling (currently 40 micro servers are running our live stack on Opsworks, AWS and Chef).
• Evolving their predictive search and recommendation service use Machine Learning algorithms.
They’ve built the next generation marketplace for the way people are buying greeting cards, where artists from around the globe can create awesome greeting cards and leave the hard work of selling, customizing, printing, dispatching, supporting … to our tech. Their vision is to develop a highly intuitive, UX driven, cross -platform-offering that utilises Data intelligence and Mobile Commerce to shake up a $50bn global market.
They LOVE automoation so most of their workflow has been fully automated from releasing to development or production, updating servers configuration, testing using a variety of tools: Jenkins, Chef, Opsworks, Testingbot.
They have a very relaxed culture which encourages autonomy and flexible working practices. They have a great office in central London with a roof terrace, foosball table, fridge full of beers and juices, and an excellent coffee machine.