Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (REF: 8129) Remote (UK or Europe)
- Job Title
- Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (REF: 8129)
- Remote (UK or Europe) Office in London
- £75,000 - 90,000
- Work From Home
- Concourse CI
- Spring Boot
- Extreme Programming XP
- Pair Programming
- Greenfield Design
- Leadership experience
- Wants to lead a small team of 3-5 developers
- Full stack experience (Java, Kotlin, React)
- Hands on coding & architecture experience
- Enjoys following XP processes
- Willingness to make an impact
- Enjoys getting involved in all aspects of software engineering
- Motivation to work with the current tech and processes
They are looking for a hands on leader, someone who still enjoys coding and architecture but also wants to lead a small team of 3-5 engineers who enjoy utilising engineering best practices.
Software Engineers have autonomy and ownership of their work (build it run it) and the opportunity to work across a broad range of fullstack engineering projects.
Characteristics that will make you ideal for this role:
– Like to mentor around coding best practices, TDD and pairing.
– Be quite happy with the “full stack” label, but with a specialty in a subset of that (be it backend, frontend, cloud or some other definition)
– Enjoy following XP processes – There are 2 other teams and “lead engineers” who all follow XP processes (TDD, Pairing).
– Enjoy getting involved in all aspects of the software development including architecture, infrastrucutre (Cloud/GCP), microservices development, building modern web apps – (SPA’s), automation, monitoring and deployments.
There’s huge amount of greenfield design, architecture and development to be done moving forward, so this is real opportunity to make a big impact and gain experience at a growing company.
The tech stack:
– Spring Boot
– Concourse CI automatically tests and packages all services into Docker containers, which get deployed on a cloud Kubernetes cluster, GCP
– The front end is TypeScript, ReactJS and Redux.
They are a growing startup in the educational technology space. The company is experiencing amazing success and they’re investing heavily in technology in 2022. They build products focussed on hosting and sharing educational videos to enhance and improve learning experiences around the world.
They’re a pragmatic, quality focussed engineering team who are big on XP. They’re product, technology and process focussed while also being relaxed, sociable and collaborative.
● Good base salary
● 30 days leave + 7 bank holidays
● Private Healthcare with Vitality
● Professional development budget and wellness budget (£1500 per year)
● Decent tech (MacBook pro / screens as standard)
● Flexi / Remote role. We have offices in London and Warsaw. This role can be remote from the UK/Europe, hybrid or office-based.