Technical Team Lead Scala/Java8, £60-£80k + EMI Share Options Programme (REMOTE WORKING)
Founded in 2015, this funded start-up is aiming to follow a lean, revenue fuelled growth model. They are developing real-time predictive maintenance software for fault monitoring & alerting on any assets and infrastructure – currently focussed on small and large business in property and housing associations. Their software utilises technologies from the fields of machine learning and data science to monitor data from companies’ vital equipment & environments, learning their normal behaviour patterns with the view of providing advanced warning of future failures, minimising potential losses from disasters.
They’re currently looking to hire a hands on senior member of the team, ideally someone that has had some technical leadership experience and would like to take the next step in their career or someone on the road of becoming a future CTO. The main responsibility will be leading the technical team (currently 6). This will require encouraging liaison between all technical staff and the wider business, championing best practices (TDD, Pairing, clean coding methods), prioritising technical work whilst also carry out hands on software development in Java8, Scala, Akka, code reviews, releases and testing. Although you’re not expected to be an expert you’ll be exposed to areas such as Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering.
– Someone adept with programming in both/either functional and Object oriented styles
– Ideally 5-10 years of experience in commercial software projects using Java and Scala
– Experience leading a team of software engineers (ideally 4-15 in size)
– Experience in Agile software delivery with a emphasis on TDD
– A clear communication style (spoken and typed) combined with strong organisational skills
– Bi-weekly travel to London – You would ideally still be located around the South East
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7866 8155.