Technical Architect (Java8, Microservices), £70-£85k + bonus and benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Architect for an agile technology team located within a market leading FTSE 100 company. They develop online platforms for customer bases ranging from 300,000 to 5 million. Ideally this hire will become a very senior member of the team and come from a Java development background, you wouldn’t necessarily need to be hands-on in terms of coding anymore but you would be expected to get involved with and add value within the development team, understand the code, spikes and proof of concepts.
The team follow the Spotify engineering model which focussed on best practices and clean coding methods, they operate in an agile environment using the right tool to solve a particular problem rather than what’s most familiar.
You would be hands on with a deep technical involvement across a broad range of technology, teams and architectures in the platform services team. You would be exposed to cutting edge technologies and complex domain models. They are moving from a large scale monolithic Java application to micro-services architecture, you would ideally come from a Java development background, knowledge of messaging architectures, microservices, Spring, ORM frameworks, RESTful APi’s, cloud automation and Domain Driven Design would be required. You would work closely with the development team and Development Manager in an agile environment and have a heavy influence on the technical direction of the overall platform.
– 6 years+ Java Development experience in edition to 1-2 years being involved in Technical Architecture
– Project experience of Spring, Restful APi’s and messaging technologies
– Understanding of domain modeling/Domain Driven Design, design patterns and code packaging
– Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
– Knowledge of MongoDB / Redis
– EIP/EAI knowledge
– Docker or alternative containers
– Data Grid or Caching technologies such as Hazelcast, Coherence or Gemfire
– Some Front End development knowledge – particularly around AngularJS
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to email@example.com or call us on 020 7866 8155.