Senior Software Engineer – Clojure, Python, ReactJS, £60-£90k + Equity and Benefits
We are currently recruiting for Software Engineers for an award winning series A who use technologies from the fields of natural language processing, information retrieval, machine learning. The company are around 40 in size and have a unique profiling technology that allows them to aggregate and analyse large amounts of raw data and turn it into something meaningful for their growing client base.
They have a number of opportunities across seniority levels for product focused Software Engineers that ideally have experience of different languages and domains.
Their engineers get involved in all aspects of software development, primarily working across the full stack with Clojure and ClojureScript; they are trying to move away from having a specialist team (Developers with specific skills focused a particular area of the stack), they’d like a team of generalist, somewhat technology agnostic, product focused software engineers. They appreciate that technology moves quickly and that the best tool for the job right now might not be the best in 2-3 years times, they feel their developers should appreciate that too.
They recognise you will be strongest in a particular area of the stack, however they’d like people to be open to dip in to other areas when needed, such as DevOps, AWS Infrastructure, web development using ReactJS, back end Clojure, microservices, some data crunching, etc. They want to stress they aren’t necessarily looking for developers that already come from a Clojure background (although some kind of functional programming background would be nice, which could be commercial or hobbyist) experience in other languages is also fine (Python, Scala, Java). The tech stack mostly consists Clojure, Python, ReactJS, AWS, Compojure, ClojureScript and Elastic Search amongst a list others based on a micro-services architecture..
– Strong Software Engineering experience ideally across customer facing products and services (5 years+ in a commercial environment)
– Comfortable developing in some (1-2) of the following languages – Clojure (or anything functional e.g. Haskell, Scala etc), Python, Java or GO etc
– You’re technology agnostic, you use the right tool for the job
– An interest in areas such as Machine Learning, NLP and Information Retrieval
– Competitive salaries, Pension scheme, Flexible working, unlimited holiday allowance, team lunches, Macbook/equipment etc.
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to email@example.com or call us on 020 7866 8155.