Register CV

Lead Java Developer – 70% coding (Ref:8110)

Essentials

  • Job Title
  • Lead Java Developer (70% coding)
  • Location
  • London
  • Salary
  • £65-80k
  • Type
  • Permanent
  • Work From Home
  • No

Technology Used

Primary

  • Java 8
  • Spring (Boot & Security)
  • AWS
  • Microservices
  • Hibernate & MySQL

Secondary

  • Docker
  • ElasticSearch
  • Jenkins
  • Cucumber, Runscope & Selenium
  • Maven & Git

Methodology

  • Agile
  • 2 week sprints
  • Scrum
  • Kanban
  • Continuous Deployment

Requirements

Must Have

  • Technical leadership experience
  • Strong OO design skills - Java 8
  • Strong problem solving skills
  • Strong interest in mathematics, data, stats & algorithms
  • Experience working in agile teams

Nice-To-Have

  • Spring Boot & Microservices
  • Strong DB design & experience with Hibernate & MySQL
  • Greenfield project experience
  • SaaS platform experience
  • Financial or property domain experience

PROJECT CHALLENGES

You’ll be a hands-on lead developer meaning you will code 70% of the time and spend the remaining 30% driving the team to deliver on their sprint goals, providing technical mentorship, doing minor line-management duties and contributing to higher level technical decisions.

You will lead a team of 4-5 working on a greenfield project to deliver a low latency, high throughput system. You’ll be expected to handle complex data, thrive on solving challenging problems and make a key impact on the direction of the product and the company.

You will lead scrum meetings/stand ups, champion best practices and ensure that the CI system is maintained. You will also conduct research and actively contribute new ideas, tools, and methodologies to our design and development process.

COMPANY CULTURE

They are a leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and are poised for significant growth and expansion over the next several years. Their SaaS technology combines carefully crafted advanced user experience with in depth data modelling and manipulation, which is used by the majority of the leading real estate investors around the world.

They have a very collaborative culture where everyone is committed to doing a great job, giving it their all, and knowing they are making a difference. Outside of work, they often hang out to play board games, poker, and share fizzy (or fermented) drinks on Fridays. They also take part in charity races, sports and generally enjoy each other’s company.

If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to applications@recworks.co.uk or call us on 020 7866 8155.

* All fields are required.

Upload your CV/resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 100 MB.