Java / Kotlin developer (Ref:2911) – Mid-Level and Senior – £50-80K
- Job Title
- Java / Kotlin Developer
- Work From Home
- Java 8
- Cloud Foundary
- XP (80% of the time)
- CI / CD
- Trunk-based development
- Very strong with Java or Scala
- TDD mindset
- Prefer Trunk-based over feature-based
- Happy to pair 80% of the time
- Opinionated but diplomatic
- CI and Continuous Delivery exposure
- Cloud Foundary
- SQL, Relational and Non-Relational DB
To role would involve building highly distributed content-acquisition applications that will be used by millions of people, daily. As this is a fairly new project you will the chance to make a big impact and influence key technical decisions. The team has the autonomy to pick their hours and choice of tools but in recent times they have typically been working with: Java, Kotlin, Postgres, various NoSQL databases, ElasticSearch, Cloud Foundry and Microservices.
• They are a global publisher who are seeking several JVM software engineers who value autonomy, enjoy solving complex problems, thrive in agile teams and want to test-drive their code, properly.
• All their software is built an in iterative, incremental manner, so you’ll be able to see new work go live sometimes immediately – to millions of visitors around the globe.
• They favour trunk-based development over feature branches
• Champion an agile and XP approach to software development, maintaining a high quality codebase with good test coverage and ruthless refactoring.
• All teams are given an internal CloudFoundry environment, and a continuous delivery toolchain to help new projects go live quicker with few lines of metadata.
• All teams are given a lot of autonomy to pick their tools and are trusted to deliver.
• They offer flexible hours and one remote day per week.
• They also allow 10% of time to spent on personal projects and provide a generous budget for training and conference tickets.
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7866 8155.