Head of Engineering (Ref:8041) – Up to £150k
- Job Title
- Head of Engineering
- up to £150K
- Work From Home
- Node JS
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Angular 2
- TDD / BDD
- Continuous Integration
- 3 yrs engineering management in a high-growth company
- Experience manging an engineering team of 30+
- Experience scaling up a team from 5-10 to 30+
- Agile & champion best practices
- Proven excellent communicator and insanely well -organised
- You are a natural problem solver
- Passionate about tech and self-improvement (i.e. attend meetups/conferences or Do personal/open source projects)
We have raised $30million+ of funding over two rounds since 2013 and we need someone who knows how to scale up an engineering team from 15+ engineers to 35+ over the next 18 months. The Head of Engineering will take ownership of scaling our engineering people operations, building and maintaining a world-class team of engineers and enabling us to deliver on our company mission. Focused on hiring, training and retaining the best possible engineers you will have a key role in our success”
This person will create and maintain a best-in-class learning culture leveraging internal and external resources to level up the team. They will teach, mentor and manage the engineers in the company, providing them with the required support to grow . They will work closely with the Chief Architect and CTO to determine the right technical approaches to key decisions in the company .
• We’re the number one company in our sector and growing every single day. There are *lots* of interesting problems to solve.
• Our team has a serious track record. We’ve founded and played senior roles in success stories like DemonWare, Nickelodeon, Jolt Online, Mind Candy, Swapit, Beamly, Outfit7, Stardoll and many othersHands-on experience managing our communities and reporting insights to the wider team and clients.
• We were recently named in the FT1000 fastest growing companies and the UK’s Future Fifty Tech companies
• We offer flexible working practices and option for one remote day per week.
• A positive and collaborative culture with regular offsite team socials. From sending our developers off to Portugal to work on our latest tech, to company socials ranging from go-karting, karaoke and everything in between, we are always working to keep our team strong and motivated.
• Hackdays every quarter and constant innovation across the company lead to real innovation.
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7866 8155.