Generalist Clojure/ClojureScript Engineer, £45-£75k – Clojure, ClojureScript, microservices, ReactJS, AWS, Elastic
We are currently recruiting Software Engineers a start-up approaching series A funding that use technologies from the fields of natural language processing, information retrieval and machine learning. The company are around 30-35 in size and have a unique profiling technology that allows them to aggregate and analyse large amounts of raw data and turn it into meaningful information.
They have a number of opportunities across seniority levels for polyglot Software Engineers that ideally have experience in a number of different languages and domains. Ideally you will want to develop with Clojure as a primary language. Their engineers get involved in all aspects of software development; from architectural design, DevOps, development across the whole stack right through to delivery. They work within self managed, autonomous teams where you’d be expected to contribute and facilitate discussions around coding best practices, Continuous Delivery, architecture design and technical problem solving.
They want to stress they aren’t necessarily looking for developers that already come from a Clojure background (although it would be nice), they feel that that right people will be somewhat technology agnostic, be bright enough to pick up new languages and tools when needed to best complete the job in hand. However they’d ideally like someone with a commercial or hobbyist background in functional programming, experience in other languages such as Java, Python would be interesting. Experience or a strong interest in AWS other cloud technologies, microservices and Docker would also stand out. The tech stack mostly consists Clojure, Compojure, ClojureScript, ReactJS, AWS, microservices and Elastic Search amongst some others.
– 3 years+ of experience in a commercial development environment
– Experience with different programming paradigms – functional programming experience (Clojure,Haskell,Scala)
– Ability to design software applications as suites of independently deployable services such as microservices
– Automation and Deployment experience – Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Continuous Delivery
– Experience with cloud based web services (AWS or similar)
– Agile/TDD – an appreciation of what good clean, maintainable code looks like
– Interest in Machine learning, NLP or information retrieval
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7866 8155.