Director of Engineering (hands off) – Up to 150K
- Job Title
- Director of Engineering (hands off)
- Up to 150K
- Work From Home
- Extreme Programming
- 'Head of' / Director / CTO level
- Strong agile background
- Software engineering background
- Experience leading team of at least 10 people
- Hiring experience
- Worked in a succesful startup
- Worked across co-geographical locations
- Conference speaker
- Technology / community evangelism
You will work in a startup environment as part of a top global tech company who acquired them in 2013. It’s an opportunity to lead a team with a strong & diverse culture. You will inspire and support professional growth for the engineering team and foster an open, collaborative and innovative work environment. You will work with senior leadership and find creative ways to deliver great results, as well as value the benefits of applying an iterative approach to everything, from technology, to people management and project delivery. You know how to collaborate closely with a product team and can influence long term strategy, product roadmap and execution. They are heavily agile so want to hire an agile enthusiast with previous experience leading mature agile teams delivering continuously.
They have big dreams and the backed by one of the most prestigious technology companies in the world today. Fast iteration and lean delivery are at their heart, a big part of their work involves transforming their mothership’s processes to align with the modern engineering pace. They are currently building out their services to become a global eCommerce delivery solution.
● Visionary goals – they are working to change the world (seriously). Unlike most startups, they are part of one of the largest companies in the world
● Momentum to succeed – delivery is the differentiator today in the eCommerce world and there is massive support for them.
● Great company culture – they have a culture of inclusion, respect, high expectations of others and mutual support. This has not been lost at all since the acquisition and is critical to their success.
● Flexible working – They work in a digital age and in a multi-national company, they are not prescriptive on working hours, just business outcomes. They encorurage people to work from home 1 day a week.
● Wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!), right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting.
If you like the sound of this role, we’d love to hear from you. You can send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7866 8155.